A clean and simple meal that comes together in minutes and is so much tastier and healthier than takeout!
Watch the video
My quick and easy vegetable fried rice with no soy is an Asian-style recipe I like to make instead of ordering takeout. It’s simple and clean with high-quality ingredients and absolutely delicious. So much better than takeout! The whole thing cooks in about fifteen minutes, so you’ll want to have all of your ingredients out, prepped, and ready to go. Soy does not agree with me, so I always use coco aminos instead of soy sauce. They taste almost exactly the same, so feel free to use soy sauce if that’s what you like. I can’t wait for you to see how much tastier and quicker this is over takeout.
Why you’ll make this over takeout!
Pillowy scrambled eggs
Perfectly cooked veggies
Bit of heat
A fresh and healthy Asian dish that comes together in fifteen minutes and beats out any takeout place!
Gather everything you’ll need
- Rice -basmati, white, or your favorite
- Olive oil
- Onion -finely chopped
- garlic cloves -grated or minced
- Frozen veggies -peas, carrots, corn, and green bean combo bag
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Scallions -thinly sliced and swirled in a bowl of cold water to release any dirt
- Shredded cabbage –the pre-shredded bags at the supermarket are so easy
How to make No Soy Easy Vegetable Fried Rice
- Slice, chop, grate, and prepare all the ingredients.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a small pitcher or bowl and set aside.
- Add the onion and oil to a large pot or skillet and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Toss in the garlic and warm through for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Next, add the shredded cabbage, season with salt and pepper, and cook until wilted.
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook until thawed.
- Then, add the rice and the sauce and mix everything together.
- Scramble the eggs (cooked fully) in a separate pan with some oil or butter and add them to the rice along with the scallions.
- Toss together and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Because this meal comes together in one pot, all you need are bowls and chopsticks for dinner. It’s full of vegetables with egg as the protein and makes a great balanced meal that’s so much healthier than takeout. When I have extra time, I serve this as a side to my Asian Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-fry. It only takes twenty minutes to make. So, I prep for both dishes and cook them simultaneously. Usually, by the time my rice is done, and I get it in a bowl, it’s time for me to finish the stir-fry. You’ll have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes! Kali Orexi!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 cups frozen veggies (peas, carrots, corn, green beans)
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 7-8 scallions, thinly sliced
- shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup coco aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- optional: sriracha sauce
Prepare all of the ingredients.
Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small pitcher or bowl and whisk together and set aside.
Add the onion and oil to a large pot or skillet and cook over medium heat until soft.
Add the garlic and warm through for a few seconds until fragrant.
Add the shredded cabbage and season with salt and pepper. Cook until wilted.
Add the frozen vegetables and cook until thawed.
Add the rice and the sauce and mix everything together.
Scramble the eggs (cooked fully) in a separate pan with some oil or butter and add them to the rice along with the scallions.
Toss together and taste. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
Serve. Kali Orexi!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
La Tourangelle, Toasted Sesame Oil, Great for Cooking, Add to Noodles, Stir-Fry, Vegetables, Vinaigrettes, and Marinades for Authentic Asian Cuisine, 16.9 fl oz
Nakano Natural Organic Rice Vinegar, Vinegar for Stir Fry Sauce, Salad Vinaigrette and Marinade, Cooking Vinegar to Use in Recipes, 12 FL OZ
Trader Joe's Sriracha Sauce...18.25 oz. bottle
Lee Kum Kee Lkk Premium Oyster Sauce 18 Oz With Bottle Holder Upside Down | Caps Dispenser Drop | Flip It Cap Lids Design By Nrombox| Made In Usa.
Coconut Secret, Organic Liquid Coconut Aminos, 8 fl oz (pack of 2), All-Purpose Seasoning Sauce & Marinade, Soy-No Soy Sauce Alternative, Low Sodium, Low Glycemic, Vegan & Gluten No Stir Fry Sauce
J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Black
TEAKHAUS Wood Cutting Board Block I Chopping Board I Wooden Cutting Boards for Kitchen I Large Cutting Board with Handle I Chopping Boards for Kitchen I Thick Cutting Board 107 24x18x1.5
Lodge Enameled Dutch Oven, 6 Qt, Midnight Chrome