These easy homemade smash burgers are better than restaurant burgers!
Watch the Video:
The best burger recipe anywhere is my smash burger recipe! Sure, traditional grilled burgers are good, but smash burgers are thin-pressed juicy, griddle burgers flavored with serious caramelization. You can smash them right on the griddle, but I have a smash burger tip that’s even easier. I use my homemade burger sauce on all of my burgers, and it stays fresh in the fridge for days. My family’s favorite toppings are traditional American burger toppings, but you know the possibilities are endless. Let me know what you put on your smash burgers!
Why you’ll never eat a regular burger again
- Juicy caramelized beef
- Creamy sharp cheese
- Fresh veggie toppings
- Tangy homemade sauce
- Buttery toasted brioche bun
- Juicy, caramelized beef burgers that are better than restaurant burgers!
Keeping it simple
- Ground beef (80/20)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Sour cream
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Brioche Buns
- Cheddar cheese
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Tomato slices
Smash burger tip!
It’s so much easier to smash your burgers before putting them on the grill because smashing them on the grill can make such a mess. Cut parchment paper into about 5-inch squares and form the patties right on or between the parchment squares. Then, place them on a tray. The parchment will make it easy to transfer the patties to the grill pan.
How to make the best smash burger
- Divide the ground meat into 3 oz. (85g) portions.
- Roll each portion into balls, and place each ball between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- Use the flat side of a mallet to flatten them into thin round patties.
Make the sauce:
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Cook the Patties:
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or a griddle over medium-high heat.
- Season one side of the meat with salt and black pepper, and then place the seasoned side down onto the hot pan.
- Season the other side with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and flip.
- Then, cook for 30 seconds to a minute, and top one of the burger patties with cheese.
- Place the other patty on top and remove it from the pan.
Assemble the Burgers:
- Toast the buns on the grill for about 30 seconds and transfer to a plate.
- Place a spoonful of sauce on the bottom bun and then top with lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- Add the double patties on top, and place pickles over the patties with more sauce and the bun top.
There’s nothing better than a warm, juicy burger in summer. Of course, you can serve them with sweet potato or traditional fries, but there are a ton of summer burger sides. Try potato salad, fruit salad, or even a veggie salad. I know you won’t go back to traditional burgers after making these, so enjoy and let me know what you served on the side. Kali Orexi!
The Best Smash Burger Recipe
These homemade smash burgers are better than burgers at a restaurant. They're so easy to make and your whole family will love them!
- 12 oz (340g) ground beef (80/20)
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Brioche Buns
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- onion, thinly sliced
- tomato slices
Divide the ground meat into 3 oz (85g) portions. Roll each portion into balls. Place each ball between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
Use the flat side of a mallet to flatten them into thin rounds.
Make the sauce: Combine all of the ingrdients together and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Cook the Patties: Heat a cast iron skillet or a griddle over medium-high heat.
Season one side of the meat with salt and black pepper. Place the seasoned side down onto the hot pan and season the other side with salt and pepper.
Cook 1-2 minutes and flip. Cook 30 seconds to a minute and top one of the burger patties with cheese. Place the other patty on top and remove from the pan.
Assemble the Burgers: Toast the buns on the grill for about 30 seconds and transfer to a plate.
Place a spoonful of sauce on the bottom bun and then top with lettuce, tomato, and onion. Add the double patties on top. Place pickles over the patties, more sauce and then the bun. Serve.
The burger patties can be formed and placed on a tray. Cut parhment paper into around 5-inch squares to separate the patties. The paper will also make it easy to transfer the patties to the grill pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Traditional Cretan Aprons (heavier fabric)
Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles, Black, 22-inch
Thyme Honey from Crete: Uncle Dimitris Honey (470g/ 1 lb)
Isaac Mizrahi 6 qt Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid - Red
STAUB Ceramics Rectangular Baking Dish, 13x9-inch, Dark Blue
KitchenAid KSM3311XAQ Artisan Mini Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, 3.5 quart, Aqua Sky Blue
Leave a Reply