- 2 pound fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 large cloves of garlic, sliced
- ½ cup of olive oil, plus ¼ cup more
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed and soaked for 15 minutes
- 1 and ½ cups water
- 1 and ¼ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1-2 lemons cut into wedges
- Feta for garnish, about ¼ pound
Rinse the rice with cool water until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in a bowl with cool water for 15 minutes.
Add the onion, olive oil, and garlic to a pot and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until soft and golden. Season with a pinch of salt. Add the spinach leaves in a few batches until they are wilted. Add the dried dill.
Drain the rice and add it to the pot along with the salt and pepper, and 1 and 1/4 cups of water. Mix it all together and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pot and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff and serve with lemon wedges, feta, and olives.