- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 6 kalamata olives, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon or orange
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 garlic clove. minced
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt, optional
- Mix all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Taste the seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Adding the yogurt will make the dressing creamier. It's totally up to you! I've had it with and without and both ways were delicious.
- I love yogurt though, so if I had to choose, I would add it 🙂 Or at least keep it on the side in case anyone else would like some 🙂
- Have fun with this salad and add to it everything that you like.
- You can substitute celery for the cucumber, add sliced almonds.
- This is one of those dishes that taste better with lots f ingredients!
Leave a Reply